Getting Started: Why Work with Bliss Law Group?
Before Hiring an Estate Planning Lawyer, Understand the Difference
Many estate planning attorneys take a “one-size fits all” approach with their clients; they do this so that they can work with as many people as possible in a short period of time. The problem is that the client has an impersonal experience; but worse than that, this way of planning can lead to unintended results in the long run for the family.
When lawyers do not take the time to listen and consider a family’s personal circumstances, the result is that your Will & Trust Documents do not end up reflecting what your family really wants to happen. And usually there is no review or updating, so the plan quickly becomes outdated and does not work when your family needs it most.
So even though you may pay less up front to get a standard set of documents (or even documents that are customized for your family), things end up much more expensive in the long run. Plus, you leave your family at risk of having to deal with an expensive, unnecessary court process during a time of tremendous grief.
Bliss Law Group is right for you if you want to know that your plan will actually work when you and your loved ones need it the most. If all you want is a set of legal documents, there are plenty of online resources you can use to create them. Another option is visiting a traditional estate planning lawyer.
If what you want is to know you’ve got a plan in place that will make things easy for your loved ones no matter what happens when, we’re the right fit for you.
Here are some of the ways we are different from most estate planning lawyers:
- All of our fees are fixed fees agreed to in advance, so there are no surprises. At our initial meeting you will choose the level of planning and fee that works best for your family, so there will never be any surprises.
- We keep you informed and make sure your plan works. We don’t just prepare a set of legal documents for you and send you on your way. We make sure your assets are owned in the right way, we make sure your kids’ well-being is properly planned for, we ensure everyone you’ve named in your plan knows what to do if anything happens to you.
- We review your plan at least every 3 years and annually through our Family Wealth VIP Membership program. We foster a lifetime, ongoing relationship with our clients. Throughout your life, things change, you change; your assets change; your family changes; the law will definitely change.
- We have a whole team in place to answer your quick questions and to make the planning process incredibly easy and painless for you and your family. We have a process for helping you make sure that your assets are titled in the right way, both now and over your lifetime.
- We help you get your legal and financial house in order by helping you make smart choices about things like buying insurance, saving for college, and retirement planning so you never spend more than you have to or get taken advantage of by unscrupulous sales people.
- Legacy Planning. We believe that planning is about much more than just the transfer of your financial wealth. With all of our plans, we include a process to help you transfer your most important personal wealth to your loved ones, including your intellectual, spiritual and human assets – who you are and what’s important to you.
Before you engage an estate planning lawyer to help you plan for the well‐being of your money, your family and your life, there are questions you need to ask. You need to ensure that the estate plan you put in place will really work when your family needs it and won’t end up just a pile of worthless paper after you are gone.
Do not let a stand set of legal documents become false security that keeps you from doing what’s best for your loved ones.
How to Get Started
By now you’ve seen that Bliss Law Group is something special and because you love your family, you know your family deserves the kind of protection, guidance and love we provide for a lifetime. It’s important that you know how we work because we do things a bit differently at Bliss Law Group than at other law firms. That’s why our clients love us so much.
We begin with a Family Wealth Planning Session, during which we guide you to get your assets and resources organized so you can finally relax around what you have and what you need.
Then, we look at how to make things as easy as possible for your loved ones after you are gone. Because no one wants to leave a mess for the one’s they love.
During your Family Wealth Planning Session, we will identify the best ways for you to ensure your legacy of love and financial security for your family.
Schedule Your Personal Family Wealth Planning Session
Call our office at (253) 844-4412 to schedule your personal Family Wealth Planning Session and ask to speak with Jessica Vangeystel, our Director of Client Services. Jessica will schedule the most convenient appointment time available for you with one of our expertly trained Personal Family Lawyers. We see clients Monday-Friday (and we even have evening or weekend appointments available) to make planning as convenient for you as possible
When you schedule your personal Family Wealth Planning Session, we block 2 hours on our calendar so we can focus entirely on you and your family during this time. We will send you a package of information to complete before our time together, which will help you begin the process of getting your legal and financial life in order. During our meeting together, we will guide you to gently look at what would happen for your loved ones and with your assets if something were to happen to you. And then, we’ll look at what you want to happen and help you create a roadmap to get that plan in place as easily as possible. Clients routinely say “wow, if we had known how easy this would be, we would have done it years ago!” after meeting with us.
Our Family Wealth Planning Session is $750 and if we create a comprehensive plan for you, that planning fee is applied to your legal fees for your lifetime estate plan. In some circumstances, we will waive the planning session fee and instead you can secure your appointment time with a credit card number.
In such cases, so long as you keep your appointment, nothing will be charged on your card unless you decide to proceed with a comprehensive estate plan after the Family Wealth Planning Session. In such a situation, if you must cancel within 1 week of your appointment, your credit card will still not be charged unless you fail to reschedule your appointment within 30 days of your cancellation. If you cannot keep your appointment and you choose not to reschedule, your credit card would be charged the $750 planning fee.
We understand that this policy of securing your appointment with a credit card may seem unique. So is our law firm. We provide our very best service to those families who want to ensure they have trusted counsel to be there for their family when they cannot be.
We focus most our energy providing service to our existing clients and limit the number of new clients we see each week. We only take referrals from trusted Professional Planning Partners. As a result, we must secure your appointment time so that if something comes up and you can’t attend your appointment, we will have enough advance notice to offer the open appointment time to a waiting family.
What to Do Prior to Your Personal Family Wealth Planning Session
About 3 days after scheduling your appointment, you will receive a Mailer with your Family Wealth Inventory & Assessment and other important information that you will want to review prior to your personal Family Wealth Planning Session. We must have your Family Wealth Inventory & Assessment returned to our office 3 days prior to your Session either by mail, fax or electronic mail or we will need to reschedule your Session. Feel free to call the office at any time if you need assistance completing your worksheet or have any questions at all.
If you have existing estate planning documents, please make sure that we have your existing documents in our office at least a week before your meeting so that we can review them prior to meeting with you.
What to Expect the Day of Your Personal Family Wealth Planning Session
On the day of your meeting, please expect to spend up to 2 hours with your attorney. The initial meeting with your attorney has two purposes:
- To guide you to develop financial organization and clearly understand your financials better than you ever have been before, so you can finally relax around what you have and what you need.
- Give you clarity on how to make things as easy as possible for your loved ones after you are gone. No one wants to leave financial untidiness for the one’s they love.
By looking at what would happen under your current plan (or the State’s plan if you do not have a plan), you can identify what you would want to happen differently. Then together with your Personal Family Lawyer’s guidance, make the decisions that are necessary to give you the peace of mind of knowing your family would be taken care of in the way you planned should something happen to you.
In the event that your Family Wealth Planning Session reveals specific ways you would want things to happen that are different than what would happen under your current plan or the State’s plan for you, you and your Personal Family Lawyer will design a plan to ensure everything goes as you choose.
The Family Wealth Inventory and Assessment is designed to help you focus in on the important information and questions that are necessary to get your legal and financial house in order.
We ask you to fill it out and return it to us in advance of our appointment so that we can have the most productive time together.
- Print the Family Wealth Inventory & Assessment worksheet.
- Fill in as much as you can.
- Make an appointment with us to discuss your plan.
- Return the Family Wealth Inventory & Assessment worksheet to us at least 3 days in advance of our appointment.
If the worksheet does not open, you may need to download the ‘Free’ Acrobat Reader here.